Thursday, April 16, 2015

Self-Selected Response

So like a week after Fast and Furious came out I went to go see it. At the end of the movie they made a tribute for Paul Walker, which was nice, and they used the song See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth. 

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again


This is the hook of the song. I feel that if you ever lost anybody that was close to you when you hear this song it really touches you. The hook talks about it being a long day and wishing you can tell that person but you cant but when you die y'all will be reunited and you get to tell them all about it. You and the person have had a long and powerful friendship or since they have past you developed a lot and when you see them again you'll tell them all about it.

Personally for me I know the true definition of this. I lost my mother young, I just to tell my mother everything, I never missed a day without talking to her.  But, there is so many things that I wish I could just call her up and tell her about. I came a long way after that, I got my first scholarship in 11th grade by myself and wasn't there when i got presented the award. Its my senior year and my mother not going to be here to take my prom pictures or yell loud i the audience at my graduation. Those things I'm going to me but i know she proud and i know one day spiritually and we are going to talk for decades. That's what i think about when i listen to the hook and that's how it connects to me.

Good things we been through
That I'd be standing right here talking to you

No matter who a person is, they don't deserve to lose no parent. I never thought I would lose my mother in a million years even after all the good memories even the bad memories nobody never wants to see the day you ll be talking to you through the sky. 

2 comments:

  1. Did they write this song for the movie? Or did Wiz Khalifa publish the song and then it was chosen for the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I l;ove this blog because its personal for you and you know she would be proud keep going. Everything you want her to know she knows already she is not missing out on anything you have accomplished

    ReplyDelete